In Today’s Episode:
- Distinction between pleasing and serving.
- Pleasing often seeks validation and can be influenced by tools like social media that offer instant gratification.
- Serving focuses on long-term benefits and doing the right thing.
- Pleasing can be a short-term energy drain, while serving can be fulfilling and energizing.
- The importance of being authentic and aligning actions with core values.
- The role of feedback in serving.
- The physical and emotional impacts of rejection and conflict.
- The power of choice in shaping our lives.
In this episode, David and Eduard delve deep into the concepts of pleasing versus serving. They discuss the implications of both actions, how they manifest in our daily lives, and the long-term effects they have on our personal and professional relationships.
Pleasing is about validation… Serving can be amazing and is a gift that keeps on giving.Eduard Brink
Everyone has the power to choose what’s best for them. It’s essential to recognize the difference between pleasing and serving and to prioritize actions that genuinely serve our best interests and those of others. Join the duo as they explore, reflect, and inspire listeners to choose actions that genuinely serve their best interests and those of the world around them.
00:06 – Introduction.
00:25 – The distinction between “pleasing” and “serving”.
00:56 – Perspectives on “pleasing vs serving”.
01:46 – Pleasing as a short-term energy drain, while serving is fulfilling and energizing.
02:50 – The concept of serving out of love.
03:13 – The importance of being authentic and aligning actions with core values.
03:51 – The role of appreciation in serving.
05:18 – The physical and emotional impacts of rejection and conflict.
09:17 – The power of choice in shaping our lives.
“Trying” is fear.David Henzel
Reflect on how you can serve better in the three main areas of your life: your occupation, yourself, and your family. Remember, the power to shape your life is in your hands. Choose actions that serve you and those around you for a more fulfilling life. Subscribe to our podcast and be part of our global community.